German Script Experts is a leader in German Genealogy. As a bilingual American citizen raised and educated in Germany, Ute Brandenburg combines the best of two worlds. She also merges time-honored research strategies with cutting-edge DNA technology.
German Script Experts offers:
- Exceptional skills in reading old scripts from four centuries
- Intimate knowledge of a wide range of regional German dialects and historical terms
- A thorough understanding of German history, geography, and culture
- Strong Latin translation skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of online repositories and databases
- Experience researching in German archives
- Superb English writing skills
German Script Experts is US-based:
- Fully familiar with US genealogical resources needed to trace immigrants to their German hometowns
- Extensive experience researching at US courthouses, in county genealogical collections, US church records, small town US newspapers
- Uses DNA in combination with record research to solve the most challenging cases
- Regularly travels to Germany for research
Ute Brandenburg frequently presents to Midwest audiences on topics of interest to descendants of German immigrants. She is the author of the column Heimatbote, published by The In-Depth Genealogist.
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a waiting period of approximately four months for new clients, due to already scheduled projects. New projects will only be added to the calendar after a research agreement has been completed. I will not be adding any translation-only clients for the remainder of 2018.