PLEASE NOTE: I am currently not adding to my waiting list for new clients. Please check back in fall of 2023.
German Script Experts is a leader in German Genealogy. As a bilingual American citizen raised and educated in Germany, Ute Brandenburg combines the best of two worlds. She also merges time-honored research strategies with cutting-edge DNA technology.
German Script Experts offers:
- Exceptional skills in reading old scripts from four centuries
- Intimate knowledge of a wide range of regional German dialects and historical terms
- A thorough understanding of German history, geography, and culture
- Strong Latin translation skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of online repositories and databases
- Experience researching in German archives
- Superb English writing skills
German Script Experts is US-based:
- Fully familiar with US genealogical resources needed to trace immigrants to their German hometowns
- Researches at US courthouses, in county genealogical collections, US church records, small town US newspapers
- Uses DNA in combination with record research to solve the most challenging cases
- Extensive experience researching on location in Germany and Poland
Ute Brandenburg presents to national and international audiences on topics of interest to descendants of German immigrants. She regularly travels to Germany and Poland for archival research. She also networks with local German researchers to obtain records only available on location.
3 thoughts on “Home”
many, many thanks for your help in finding more details about my ancestors from East Prussia. You’ve done an excellent job.
vielen vielen Dank für deine Hilfe bei der Suche nach Einzelheiten zu meinen Vorfahren aus Ostpreussen. Du hast eine hervorragende Arbeit geleistet und komme bei weiteren Fragen sicher wieder<
Ute, You have done it again. Thank you so much for finding another generation of my German ancestors. I also appreciate your forethought in finding the book on Helsen. I can’t wait to see what you find.
Ute! Putting together my family story has been a highlight of my life. I couldn’t have done this without your expert genealogy research, your expertise in old German script, and your guidance in making a few of my own queries. You confirmed my great-great grandfathers management of the Circus Renz. You found that he had actually stepped into the lions cage in the event of the death of the lion-tamer due to pneumonia! The show must go on! You found the conversion of my ancestors from Judaism to Lutheranism in the 1870s. You found that I had a scoundrel great-great-great grandfather, “Whereabouts unknown”, who left his wife and family because of debt. But! You found him married with a whole new family in England there after!
You have reached out to your vast network of friends and fellow genealogists to help me. You have found addresses of homes in Berlin and Bracht that still stand today. It is my hope to visit these places within the next year.
Working with you, Ute, has been a fun and exciting journey. Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Sincerely, Becky H.