German Script Experts offers the following services:
- Identify an unknown place of origin for emigrants from Germany, Austria, Bohemia, and other German-speaking regions to the United States and Canada in the 19th and 20th century
- Build family trees using German vital and parish records
- Use autosomal DNA test results on Ancestry.com to uncover relationships that lead to the identification of a home town in Germany
- Order civil registration records, emigration permits, and other legal documents from German archives
- Translate old German letters, records, and legal documents
- Research and report on local history and customs in the hometowns of our ancestors
German Script Experts does not:
- Find living persons
- Research 18th century Pennsylvania Germans
TO GET STARTED WITH GERMAN SCRIPT EXPERTS
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a summary of your research needs. If you are looking to find a German home town, please include everything you know about the immigrant(s), including copies of all records you have found. The better your material is organized, the more quickly we can move forward.
- Ute Brandenburg will review your case. She will write a proposal which includes anticipated research steps and a quote for hours/cost for the first phase.
- When both client and researcher have agreed to a proposal, your research can begin. Larger projects require a 25% retainer.
- Ute will contact you with any questions or updates as the research progresses. Upon completion you will receive a research report with source citations, pedigree charts and family group sheets (or a gedcom file), along with scans of documents found.
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a waiting period of approximately four months for new clients, due to already scheduled projects. New projects will only be added to the calendar after a research agreement has been completed. I will not be adding any translation-only clients for the remainder of 2019.